ADHD and ADD TreatmentUnderstanding it and Treating it
ADHD and ADD Treatment
ADHD and ADD can be found in both adults and children. According to the ADHD institute “Although there is no global consensus, meta-regression analyses have estimated the worldwide ADHD/HKD prevalence at between 5.29% and 7.1%in children and adolescents, and at 3.4% (range 1.2–7.3%) in adults. The prevalence of ADHD in very young children (aged under 6 years) or later in adult life (aged over 44 years) is less well studied”.
Problems with attention can look like the following:
- Misses and overlooks details
- Difficulty remaining focused in tasks or play activities such as lengthy reading, conversations, lectures, etc.
- Mind seems elsewhere when spoken to
- Starting tasks but is easily distracted/sidetracked
- Difficulty organizing tasks and activities
- Poor time management
- Reluctant to to do schoolwork or reports
- Easily distracted
- Forgetful with paying bills, returning calls, errands, etc.
Problems with hyperactivity and impulsivity can look like:
- Tapping hands and/or feet
- Squirms when seated
- Runs or climbs in inappropriate situations
- Has a hard time engaging in play quietly
- Uncomfortable being still for a extended time
- Talks non stop
- Has trouble listening to others when asked a question
- Blurts out answers before they hear the question
- Difficulties waiting their turn
- Interrupts or intrudes on others
With ADD or ADHD you may see these happening in multiple settings such as home, work, or school.
Wondering what the next steps may look like if you can relate to what is above?
At Iris Therapy Services we offer ADHD/ADD testing and Individual therapy.
Conducting an ADHD Evaluation is the first step towards finding a solution and plan to move forward. During the feedback session, Dr. Dee will provide you with a comprehensive report. In this report, she will summarize her findings, provide conclusions and a diagnosis, assist with Individualized Education Program (IEP) considerations, and provide treatment recommendations.
Together, we will discuss the findings and how to best move forward with the diagnosis. We believe in working together in a collaboration with other treatment team providers to identify the best treatment plan and help you or your child lead a life as unaffected by it as possible. Each treatment plan is individualized, keeping in mind what will work best for each specific patient.
We use evidence based approaches such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and Mindfulness techniques.
If you think that you or a loved one may need help, don’t wait. Contact our office today and get the support you need to thrive.